The STRAIT Method™ Scar Tissue Release Seminar Foundations
Foundations is a Pre-requisite for all other levels.
Who can attend?
Medical doctors, osteopathic physicians, doctors of chiropractic, doctors of Oriental medicine, nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists, acupuncturists, massage therapists and other professional bodyworkers.
If you do not fall under any of the above categories, the pre-req are:
- Completion of CS1, CS2 & SER1 or BCST + any one class in VM, LDT or NM; or
- Completion of VM4 + any one class in CST, LDT or NM; or
- Completion of LDT3 + any one class in CST, VM or NM; or
- Completion of NM1, NM2 & NM3 + any one class in CST, LDT or VM
Receive solid training in the physiological and anatomical effects and principles of fascial restrictions, scar tissue and adhesions, the latest research on fascia and Biotensegrity, as well as the skills to apply the STRAIT Method™ in your private practice.
What you will learn in this course:
- The long- and short-term effects of scar tissue — from the physiological to the psychological
- Which orthopedic and neurological factors to take into account when working with a new patient
- Understand the wound healing process (normal and abnormal)
- Identify/Recognize different types of physiological scars and understand their impact on the patient.
- The indications and contraindications for Scar-Tissue Release Therapy relating to diseases, injuries, joint replacements, and aging factors
- Introduction to Integrated Therapeutic Stretching
- The art of effective client communication.
- At the conclusion of the presentation, the participant should be able to:
List the problems/physiological/emotional issues affects of scar tissue on posture, circulation and range of motion. (Knowledge)
Differentiate between types of scar formation and the situations/probable cause occurrence. (Analysis)
Develop effective treatment and rehabilitative strategies for muscle strengthening and neuromuscular control for overall body stability and reconditioning. (Synthesis)
Recommend a self administered preventative & rehabilitation protocols for patients with facing and recovering from surgery/injury. (Evaluation)
- Find out how to assess fascial restrictions throughout the body and how to breakdown scar tissue and adhesions — from superficial to deep fascia.
- Discover a detailed eight-step approach to manually releasing scar tissue and adhesions — including techniques for lengthening and increasing the lymphatic and venous circulation to the connecting tissues.
This workshop will give you hands-on practice with different types of scar tissue. You’ll also be given instruction on how to utilize body mechanics that will support your clients and yourself in your work as a scar-tissue release therapist.
Personal experience is essential to understanding the effectiveness of this technique — be prepared to give as well as receive a treatment.
Marjorie Brooks’s testimonials on Youtube
Scar Release Therapy for a Spinal Fusion Scoliosis Scar – 30 year old scar:
Testimonial and footage from one of our amazing volunteers (Breast cancer and multiple surgery survivor) at a STRAIT Method Scar Tissue Release Foundations course:
Marjorie Brook Seminars: The STRAIT Method The Volunteer Experience – Volunteer 1:
Marjorie Brook Seminars: The STRAIT Method The Volunteer Experience – Volunteer 2:
Marjorie Brook Demonstrates Integrated Therapeutic Stretching Cervical Extension Stretch:
Marjorie Brook Demonstrates Integrated Therapeutic Stretching Thoracic Stretch:
Marjorie Brook Blog on
Course Cancellation Policy:
- Upon registration, *$60 is non-refundable.
- Cancellation less than 30 days before the course commences, 50% non-refundable.
- Cancellation less than 2 weeks before the course commences, 100% non-refundable.
- No refund will be given if you do not complete any part of the 4-day course.
- The Living Well Workshop Co. Pte Ltd reserves the right to cancel any course due to unforeseen circumstances. In such an event, all money paid will be refunded in full. We will not be responsible for any travel expenses – air ticket, hotel, etc. – paid by the registrant.
* In some courses, the non-refundable registration fee may be higher/lower than $60. For these courses, the amount stated on the registration page of that class will prevail over the standard $60.