Lymph Drainage Therapy 2 (LDT 2):
Pathological Pathways – Manual Lymphatic Mapping 2022
In LDT2, you’ll review and hone existing skills plus learn valuable refinements and advanced drainage techniques for all surface areas of the body, along with numerous pathological conditions. You will learn foundational principles of lymphedema care. At the end of the course, you should be able to drain the superficial lymphatic circulation over the entire body as well as the cisterna Chyli, the breast tissue, and perform Lympho-Fascia Release (LFR) on some viscera.
- Advanced face techniques, including the tracheal rings, nose, upper eyelids and skull
- Advanced body techniques, including deeper lymph circulation, extensive protocol for the upper extremities and the entire back
- Manual lymphatic mapping (MLM) to assess superficial lymphatic circulation over the entire body
- Examination of edema and lymphedema. Principles of reroute for edema and lymphedema
- The second lympho-venous rhythm, the “directional impulse technique and “the switch” technique to help reroute lymph flow
- Maneuvers to access the cisterna chyli
- Extensive drainage of the breast (Lymphatic Breast Care)
- Exploration of edematous and fibrotic tissues
- Lympho-fascia release (LFR)
- Techniques to alleviate wrinkles and “cellulite” (bariatrics)
- Drainage of the lobes of the liver and the lungs
By the end of the 1st day participants will be able to correctly describe lymphatic anatomy of the superficial and deep thorax
By the end of the course participants will be able to correctly
- evaluate on a live person LDT techniques on the superficial and deep thorax
- palpate on a live person superficial Manual Lymphatic Mapping (MLM) on the body
- evaluate on a live person LDT techniques on the upper extremity
- describe applications of LDT for edema and lymphedema
- evaluate on a live person LDT techniques on the liver and lungs
- evaluate on a live person LDT techniques on the back
- describe lymphatic anatomy of the neck
- evaluate on a live person LDT techniques on the neck
- describe specific LDT techniques for lymphedema
- evaluate on a live person LDT techniques on the breast
- evaluate on a live person LDT techniques on the face
- evaluate on a live person LDT directional impulse technique
- evaluate on a live person LDT Lympho-Fascia Release (LFR) technique
- describe LDT on a live person techniques for fibrotic tissues, cellulite, wrinkles
By the end of the course participants will be able on a live person to correctly design a proper treatment plan for the lymphotomes of the back with manual lymphatic mapping.
Required Advance Reading:
Please read the following sections in Silent Waves: Part 3 chapters 1,2, and 5 – Part 4 – Part 5 chapter 11.
In order to be best prepared for LDT2, be sure you clearly understand the following words and, as applicable, know where to locate them in the body:
- Anterior and posterior triangle of the neck
- Cephalic vein, axillary vein
- Cisterna chyli
- Antecubital and supracubital fossa
- Aplasia, hypoplasia, hyperplasia, atrophy, congenital or connatal
- Ipsilateral and contralateral
- Concave, convex
- Parenchyma of an organ
- Lymphotome, lymphatic watershed
- Pitting edema
- Lymphedema, lipedema
- Chronic Venous Insufficiency (CVI)
- Diffusion, osmosis, hydrostatic pressure, phagocytosis, exocytosis
- Lumpectomy, mastectomy
- Hyperkeratosis, elephantiasis
- Sarcoma, lymphangiosarcoma
Course Cancellation Policy:
- Upon registration, $150 is non-refundable.
- Cancellation less than 30 days before the course commences, 50% non-refundable.
- Cancellation less than 2 weeks before the course commences, 100% non-refundable.
- No refund will be given if you do not complete any part of the 4-day course.
- The Living Well Workshop Co. Pte Ltd reserves the right to cancel any course due to unforeseen circumstances. In such an event, all money paid will be refunded in full. We will not be responsible for any travel expenses – air ticket, hotel, etc. – paid by the registrant.