BEMC: Brain, Eyes, Meninges and CSF
18 – 20 July 2023
The Living Well Workshop Co.
1- First of all, we will help balance the whole CNS then specifically the optic pathways.
The techniques for the eyes and optic pathways use noninvasive fluid and fascia approaches. They can help many ocular problems as well as general health problems. For example, we will work on the choroid layer for astigmatism. The work on the eyes may release structures in the whole body; this is not just limited to postural changes. For example, the technique for strabismus can help release this condition in a few minutes but will also help release the eyes, brain, and the rest of the body. In case of LASIK refractive surgery, for example, this work may help decrease the presence of halos around lights at night-time, but it may also help day vision and global posture.
2- It is not easy to work on every fiber in every direction of the intracranial meninges. Beryl E. Arbuckle, DO, FACOP, one of the first teachers in the faculty of WG Sutherland, developed a technique that has unfortunately been lost to the osteopathic world. Her numerous, precise dissections resulted in beautiful maps of the dural network.
The specific tensegrity work on the cranial meninges is extremely important, for example, for conditions such as motor vehicle accidents, strokes, chronic headaches as well as for children with cerebral palsy, autistic spectrum disorders, Down syndrome, chronic meningitis, etc.
We will use a curved biotensegrity model to release the intracranial meninges.
By releasing the meninges properly you will also help all the membranes of the body, help modify the tensions inside the cranium, thorax, abdomen, and pelvis, and support the flow of intracerebral sinuses including sagittal sinuses, straight sinuses, the vein of Galen, the vein of Rosendal, etc.
We will work with a specific concept of stress bands and reinforcement of the cranial bones (“buttresses”) that can indicate problems with the meninges.
3- The new scientific model for CSF physiology is probably going to make a revolution in our concept of fluid circulation.
We will demonstrate another way to help “drain” CSF in the whole brain. We will assess the fluid in three spaces:
- Ventricular system
- Brain parenchyma and the glymphatic system
- Subarachnoid spaces (SAS), including cisterns of the brain (waterbeds)
4- The work on the intrinsic electricity of the brain and brain electromagnetic field is something that can be used in difficult cases.
(**If you wear contact lenses, please bring your glasses to this class so techniques can effectively be practiced.)
- Whole CNS Balance
Balance the brain to the spinal cord and the whole body.
- CSF: New Scientific Model
“Drain” CSF in brain and spinal cord:
- Ventricular system
- Brain parenchyma – glymphatic system
- Subarachnoid spaces (SAS), including the main cisterns of the brain (waterbeds)
- Structures of the Eye
- Eyeball – sclera
- Cornea layers
- Iris and its “spots”
- Lens layers and attachments (suspensory ligaments/zonular fibers)
- Ciliary processes and body
- Anterior chambers – vitreous body compartments
- Macula – fovea – foveola
- Optic disc (blind spot)
- The ten layers of the retina
- Meninges: Curved Biotensegrity Model
- Eye with meninges
- Falx cerebri and tent: different approaches
- Falx cerebelli
- Full intracranial Meninges release
- Cranium “buttresses” and stress bands: anterior, posterior, and lateral aspects
- Brain Electric Activity and Electro-Magnetic (EM) Field: when we have time in the class
Course Cancellation Policy:
- Upon registration, $150 is non-refundable.
- Cancellation less than 30 days before the course commences, 50% non-refundable.
- Cancellation less than 2 weeks before the course commences, 100% non-refundable.
- No refund will be given if you do not complete any part of the 4-day course.
- The Living Well Workshop Co. Pte Ltd reserves the right to cancel any course due to unforeseen circumstances. In such an event, all money paid will be refunded in full. We will not be responsible for any travel expenses – air ticket, hotel, etc. – paid by the registrant.