Advanced Visceral Manipulation: Visceral Osteoarticular Relationships (AVMVOR)
16 – 18 Oct 2020
Grand Mercure Roxy Hotel, Singapore
The viscera have a distinct relationship with the spine and joints throughout the body. This course explores this special interface, in particular, how the visceral system affects the structural system. Through the integration of advanced visceral manipulation techniques, new possibilities arise for the treatment of osteoarticular dysfunctions.
It is rare to find a spine that is free from fixations; an articular blockage that is solely of mechanical origin is rarely seen. Our experience has shown that articular fixations are often the expression of an underlying visceral or psychological problem. The cervical spine is a perfect example where a blockage may come from a visceral, cranial, circulatory, musculo-ligamentary, or dural membrane source.
- Learn how by treating the visceral system, you will influence osteoarticular dysfunctions.
- Understand the visceral connection to the structural system of the body.
- Expand your evaluation skills using listening and inhibition techniques to develop effective treatment plans based on the evaluation findings.
Here is what will be covered in this 3-day program
DAY 1 – The Cervical Spine
Different parameters that can cause osteo-articular fixation:
- Skull and its contents
- Sinuses (maxillary, frontal, sphenoidal, ethmoid)
- Salivary glands (the parotid)
- Dentoalveolar system
- Heart and pericardium
- Neurovascular system
- Liver and gallbladder
DAY 2 – The Thoracic Spine
- Costal pleura and mediastinal
- Stomach and duodenum
- Pulmonary arteries and veins
- Kidneys (cranial part)
DAY 3 – The Lumbar Spine
- Kidneys (mediodistal part)
- Bladder and uterus
- Inguinal canal
Peripheral Joints (among others)
Registration starts at 830am on the first day of class. Daily class hours are from 9am – 530pm. On the last day, we will end by 4pm.
Visceral Manipulation 2 (VM2)
- Visceral Manipulation by Jean-Pierre Barral, RPT, DO and Pierre Mercier
- Visceral Manipulation II by Jean-Pierre Barral
- Atlas of Human Anatomy by Frank Netter, MD, and/or
- A Regional Atlas of the Human Body by Carmine Clemente
Course Cancellation Policy:
- Upon registration, $120 is non-refundable.
- Cancellation less than 60 days before the course commences, 100% non-refundable.
- No refund will be given if you do not complete any part of the 3-day course.
- The Living Well Workshop Co. Pte Ltd reserves the right to cancel any course due to unforeseen circumstances. In such an event, all money paid will be refunded in full. We will not be responsible for any travel expenses – air ticket, hotel, etc. – paid by the registrant.
*The cost of inviting Jean-Pierre Barral to teach in Singapore is very high so there is strictly refund or transfer to another course if you can cancel less than 60 days before the course commences.