New Manual Articular Approach: Upper Extremity (MAUE)
New Manual Articular Approach (formerly Global Joint Treatment) is a manual therapy modality that applies a comprehensive approach to the treatment of joints.
“Articular” refers to the joints of the body, which are critical points of interconnectivity between all other structures within the body. Joints receive and emit messages with other parts of the body, and are also connected to our emotions. New Manual Articular Approach is a manual therapy modality that applies a comprehensive approach to the treatment of joints. It integrates all aspects of the joint including the nerve, artery, bone, capsule, and ligaments, as well as visceral and emotional connections. MAA delves into the joints like never before. It examines the nerves of each joint, along with the arteries, meniscus, ligaments, capsule attachments and folds. It incorporates soft tissue mobilization of the associated bones, while looking at direct and indirect relationships between the bones of the body. The relationship between the viscera and the joints is not widely understood. MAA shows how interconnected they are and that without addressing this visceral connection many joint issues may not fully resolve. The application of the gentle MAA techniques improves the body’s ability to heal and restore itself to optimal health.
A joint is so much more complex than a place where bones come together. It is comprised of multiple components – including bone, cartilage, muscles, tendons, nerves, and fluid – that when functioning properly, allow the joint to glide smoothly and pain-free. If one component becomes problematic, the entire joint begins to compensate and not function properly. This leads to dysfunction ranging from temporary pain to longer term damage. All parts and systems within the body are interconnected – joints included – and when there is dysfunction in one place, other areas can be negatively impacted. A skilled MAA practitioner can properly assess the interactions of the joints with the body to help restore proper function.
- Delve into the joints like never before. Examine the nerves of each joint, along with the arteries, meniscus, ligaments, capsule attachments and folds.
- Work with soft tissue mobilization of the associated bones, while looking at direct and indirect relationships between the bones of the body.
- Explore the relationship between the viscera and the joints.
- Discover how the joints receive and emit messages with other parts of the body, as well as the emotional connections.
- Learn how to evaluate and treat each major joint of the upper extremity for its primary dysfunction from the anatomical or physiological systems that contribute to it.
- Explore such indications as clinical pain, sprains, arthrosis, and inflammation in a brand new way.
Registration starts at 830am on the first day of class. Daily class hours are from 9am – 530pm. On the last day, we will end by 4pm.
Professional healthcare practitioner or student with experience in manual listening skills and strong anatomy knowledge of peripheral nerves. NM2 and NM3 recommended but not required.
New Manual Articular Approach – Upper Extremity by Jean-Pierre Barral, DO & Alain Croibier DO, MRO (F).
Course Cancellation Policy:
- Upon registration, $150 is non-refundable.
- Cancellation less than 30 days before the course commences, 50% non-refundable.
- Cancellation less than 2 weeks before the course commences, 100% non-refundable.
- No refund will be given if you do not complete any part of the 4-day course.
- The Living Well Workshop Co. Pte Ltd reserves the right to cancel any course due to unforeseen circumstances. In such an event, all money paid will be refunded in full. We will not be responsible for any travel expenses – air ticket, hotel, etc. – paid by the registrant.