Lymph Drainage Therapy 1 (LDT 1): Lymphatic Pathways – Anatomy Integrity
1 – 4 Oct 2020
The Living Well Workshop Co.
“Lymphatics are the next frontier of discovery in human disease. Long ignored because of their subtlety and complexity, the mysteries of our cellular ‘waste disposal’ system have been comprehensively deciphered by Bruno Chikly.”
Mehmet Oz, M.D., Cardiothoracic surgeon, Author of “Healing from the Heart”.
Lymph Drainage Therapy (LDT) – Inner Fluid Dynamics
Lymph Drainage Therapy is a cutting edge hands-on method of lymphatic drainage developed by Bruno Chikly, MD, DO.
It was created out of his award-winning research on the lymphatic system consistent with recent scientific discoveries.
LDT1 takes traditional lymph drainage techniques and adds a level of precision. LDT is the first technique that enables practitioners to detect and palpate the specific rhythm, direction, depth and quality of the lymph flow anywhere in the body. Skilled practitioners with developed listening skills can practice Manual Lymphatic Mapping (MLM) of the lymphatic vessels.
LDT practitioners use their hands to assess and enhance overall circulation as well as determine the best alternate pathways for draining stagnant body fluid (lymph, interstitial, synovial fluid, etc…). Therapists work with flat hands, using all the fingers to simulate gentle, specific wave-like movements.
These subtle manual maneuvers activate lymph and interstitial fluid circulation as well as stimulate the functioning of the immune and parasympathetic nervous systems.
This class is to prepare practitioners to later be able to “map” the lymphatic pathways with their hands (Manual Lymphatic Mapping) as well as identify precise areas of the body where there is fluid stagnation or fibrosis, and then find the most appropriate pathways for drainage.
Trained students will learn in advanced classes how to work with mucosa, muscles, fascia, tendons,
periosteum, most viscera, chambers of the eyes, dura, pia, interstitial, synovial fluid, and blood vessels.
Please Note: LDT1 does not certify therapists to work on lymphedema. The first level of lymphedema certification is LLCC1 (LDT Lymphedema/CDP Certification).
- Reduction in edemas (swelling) of various origins
- Relief of subacute and chronic pain
- Relief of numerous chronic and subacute inflammations, including sinusitis, bronchitis and otitis
- Regeneration of tissue, including burns, wounds and wrinkles
- Detoxification of the body
- Reduction in the symptoms of chronic fatigue syndrome and fibromyalgia
- Antispastic actions to relieve conditions such as muscle hypertonus and some forms of constipation
- Deep relaxation to aid insomnia, stress, loss of vitality and loss of memory
- Anti-aging effects
- And many other benefits
By the end of this workshop you should be able to:
- Describe basic anatomy, physiology of the lymph system and main body fluids.
- Explain the scientific principles behind Lymph Drainage Therapy, and why the lymphatic system plays a crucial role in recovering from disease and enhancing health.
- Explain the importance of the lymphatic system and how it relates to blood and other body fluids.
- Describe main indications and contraindications of LDT.
- Perform techniques that help you move lymph and interstitial fluid through the body to cleanse it of toxins.
- Describe the main specific locations of lymph nodes and lymph vessels.
- Work with a 3-dimensional perspective of the lymphatic anatomy of the body.
- Palpate lymph flow and explain key details to specifically do so.
- Demonstrate specific lymph-drainage sequences for the face and neck, upper and lower extremities, superficial and deep abdomen.
- Describe key points to observe for optimal lymph drainage results.
- Travel through the body via the “lymphatic highway” to accurately understand fluid flow.
- Perform techniques for pre-post surgical conditions.
- Put treatments and self-help techniques right away into practice.
- By the end of the 1st day participants will be able to correctly compare the anatomy of the blood and lymph circulations
- By the end of the 1st day participants will be able to correctly describe contraindications of LDT
- By the end of the course participants will be able to correctly describe direction of main superficial lymph flow in the anterior body
- By the end of the course participants will correctly demonstrate LDT techniques on the anterior Thorax
- By the end of the course participants will be able to correctly demonstrate LDT techniques on the Upper Extremity
- By the end of the course participants will be able to correctly demonstrate LDT techniques on the deep Abdomen
- By the end of the course participants will be able to correctly demonstrate LDT techniques on the superficial Abdomen
- By the end of the course participants will be able to correctly demonstrate LDT techniques on the Lower Extremity
- By the end of the course participants will be able to correctly demonstrate treatments for pre- and post-surgical patients
- By the end of the course participants will be able to correctly demonstrate LDT techniques on the Face
- By the end of the course participants will be able to correctly demonstrate LDT techniques on the Liver
- By the end of the course participants will be able to correctly design a self-drainage protocol for themselves
- By the end of the course participants will be able to correctly design a simple lymphatic treatment protocol for a specific pathology found in one person in the class
Required Advance Reading:
Course Cancellation Policy:
- Upon registration, *$60 is non-refundable.
- Cancellation less than 30 days before the course commences, 50% non-refundable.
- Cancellation less than 2 weeks before the course commences, 100% non-refundable.
- No refund will be given if you do not complete any part of the 4-day course.
- The Living Well Workshop Co. Pte Ltd reserves the right to cancel any course due to unforeseen circumstances. In such an event, all money paid will be refunded in full. We will not be responsible for any travel expenses – air ticket, hotel, etc. – paid by the registrant.
* In some courses, the non-refundable registration fee may be higher/lower than $60. For these courses, the amount stated on the registration page of that class will prevail over the standard $60.