Listening Techniques 1 (LT1) 2020
LT1 is a pre-req for Advanced Visceral Manipulation: The Brain (AVMTB) which Jean-Pierre Barral, DO will be teaching in Singapore in 2022.
The most fundamental, yet most complex, question that a practitioner faces when working with a patient is, “How do I determine what are the reasons for this person’s pain and dysfunction?” Listening Techniques 1 (LT1) assists the practitioner in answering that question. Expanding on the evaluation tools taught in Barral Visceral Manipulation: Abdomen 1, as well as in Barral Neural Manipulation 1, LT1 is designed to reinforce powerful evaluation techniques known as “listening” skills. Listening Techniques’ are palpation tools developed by Jean-Pierre Barral, DO, which enable the practitioner to fine-tune assessment skills. The evaluation phase of a patient’s treatment session is key to long-lasting results. Through precise evaluation techniques, the practitioner is able to determine, and focus on, the primary causes of a patient’s dysfunctional pattern. No matter what type of modalities a practitioner uses, this workshop enhances his/her evaluation tools and skills, which in turn will lead to greater patient outcomes. The LT1 workshop includes lecture, demonstration and practice for each technique presented.
- Practice “listening” skills (palpation procedures) that helps guide you to the proper manual manipulation site.
- Explain how to interpret the information the body is offering regarding imbalances and dysfunctions.
- Demonstrate through ”listening” how to determine which body structures are involved, and identify the best approach for treatment results.
- Practice ”listening” to the body systems, as they respond to your manual treatments.
- Explain and demonstrate the correct approach and amount of force when working on different parts of the body and with different patients.
- Enhance specificity in evaluating the body for restrictive patterns, which will enable more effective treatment applications.
- Understand how to incorporate “listening skills” in the patient’s evaluation and treatment plan.
- Enhance palpation sensitivity to increase effectiveness with treatment and patient outcomes.
IF you have not studied Listening Techniques then this class will introduce you to one of the most powerful evaluation tools that will help you determine where to begin with your patient treatment.
IF you are not totally comfortable with your Listening Technique skills, this class will help you to become proficient with these evaluation tools.
IF you have been using Local Listening and General Listening with your patients, this class will take you to the next level of your perception and abilities.
Required Advance Reading
Course Cancellation Policy:
- Upon registration, $120 is non-refundable.
- Cancellation less than 30 days before the course commences, 50% non-refundable.
- Cancellation less than 2 weeks before the course commences, 100% non-refundable.
- No refund will be given if you do not complete any part of the 4-day course.
- The Living Well Workshop Co. Pte Ltd reserves the right to cancel any course due to unforeseen circumstances. In such an event, all money paid will be refunded in full. We will not be responsible for any travel expenses – air ticket, hotel, etc. – paid by the registrant.